Amp up the "bling factor" of your knitting! This year we have two classes devoted to making knitted jewelry, plus a lunchtime session on adding beads to your knits. All three of these sessions will be taught by the wonderful Sivia Harding.
Saturday 12:30-1:30 PM
This workshop is a great jump start into putting beads into your knitting! I divulge all sorts of tips and techniques as we work a swatch that incorporates several popular techniques for including beads. You will find out what every knitter needs to know about beads from a designer who has worked with these techniques for years.
Skill level: Beginner (can cast on, knit and purl)
Materials Fee: $5 for full color handout
· Fingering weight yarn, 30 yards. Please choose yarn that is smooth and knot-free, and preferably a solid color in a lighter shade.
· Needles and Notions
· US 2 (2.75 mm) circular or double pointed needles
· Small steel crochet hook size 14 (0.75 mm)
· Dental floss threaders (found in drug and grocery stores)
· Size 6/0 beads, 30-40 in colors to complement or contrast with your yarn